Thursday, June 25, 2009

diva inspiration challenge

my postings for the diva inspiration challenge these last several weeks have been spotty at best. we've been dealing with my mother in law's health issues, storms knocking out our power and life in general. i'm hoping to get back in the groove again now.

i love the quilt inspiration for this week. click on the link above to see it. i thought about doing a "quilt" theme, but it is practically too hot to stamp here and i do not tolerate the heat well, so i went with the color scheme for an easy way out. i used, the soon to be retired, riding hood red, night of navy and whisper white. it's lookin' pretty patriotic don't you think?

i liked the border on the quilt so i duplicated it with the eyelet border punch and just went backward from there. i love how the white just pops! the navy and red. the sentiment is from a new set that will be available july 1st with our new 2009 - 2010, idea book. it is called "teeny tiny wishes."

4 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

How Carol Got Her Stampin' Groove Back! Great card - love the eyelet borders!!

Elizabeth said...

Carol- I love it! So glad you're getting back in the groove! I love your ribbon! So cool!

Big hugs!

Alicia :) said...

Love what you did with this!! I don't have that punch yet, but may need to get it now. :)

Katy said...

I love all the layers you did. It looks great!