Thursday, December 17, 2009

diva inspiration challenge


thanx for stopping by to see this week's inspiration challenge. you may view the inspiration here. this picture reminded me of family and christmas and being thankful. i pulled together the white, gold, and touches of blue and green to make my card this week. i am going to send it to some friends whose husband, father, granpa . . . is dying from cancer. it has gone from bad to worse in an extremely short time and he is not expected to live much longer. they humble me with their faith in God and his plan for their lives. their son died from brain cancer about seven or so years ago and his wife is a survivor as well. please keep my friends in your prayers as they watch this wonderful man leave his broken body to join his son and his God in heaven soon.

6 comments:

Leonie Schroder said...

ooo nice Carol ... very elegant indeed ... thanks for my Christmas card too xx

Elizabeth said...

What a gorgeous card, Carol! I'm so sorry about your friend.

Hugs!

Lorie said...

That is very pretty and it will definitely be appreciated by your friend. :o)

RuthieB said...

I LOVE this!!!!! It gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful job on this challenge Carol! I know your friends will love it and appreciate the heart that went into it!

Maria Williams :) said...

I love the gold on this card! Your friend will sure to love it.

I will keep them in my prayers.