Saturday, December 27, 2008

diva sketch challenge 10

here is this week's sketch challenge found at www.utahdivasinternational.blogspot.com

mine is a "loose" interpretation because i wanted to use this gorgeous cardinal from our current mini catty at least once more before it goes away. the sketch calls for a square, but i used a circle.






to tone down the vivid blue i used a paper towel and smeared black ink lightly across the card. i didn't want to use a background stamp, just mute the color a bit. i had a different idea for the hemp and holes that didn't work out. my eyelets were also at home and i didn't have access to them since i was stamping at my mother in law's apartment.

like the concept, but the execution needs a bit of help. the woes have living in two places at once. haha

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card, Carol! I'm sure I'll regret not buying this set.

Hugs!
Elizabeth

Michelle said...

Pretty card! I like everything about this card :)

Anonymous said...

Great job with the sketch. :)

RuthieB said...

Sistah! I love that! I love the Cardinal with the checked paper!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card! It is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!
Kellie P

Ann said...

Awesome card Carol!!