Thursday, September 30, 2010

diva inspiration challenge



it is a bittersweet day for me today. this is my last day as an active SU! demonstrator after almost eleven years. when i lost my job three and a half years ago i knew it would be a struggle to stay active, but i managed with the help of one or two friends. but that is no longer to be either, as they are unable to make enough purchases to keep me active.

but, i will continue posting, though you will have to put up with my existing 'stuff' and you probably will not see much in the way of new product, unfortunately.

and with that said i had better move on to today's inspiration on udi. out of all those vivid colors on the featured gum ball machine i was struck most by the green, red, black and gray. go figure. so that is where i am at with my card today. i did think about throwing in some of the orange and blue but just couldn't work it into the card. the image was 'colored' with the white shimmer paint on the blossoms and some of the leaves have a bit of platinum shimmer paint as well. anyway, i hope you like my simple card. as always, i leave the sentiment off until i will use it.

please be sure to check out what the rest of the inspiration team has made for you today.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a sad day, Carol! You still have until the end of October, though! You never know!

I love your card!

Huge hugs!

Maria Williams :) said...

Hugs to you Carol!

Great card this week! Great color combination!

Unknown said...

Your card is lovely Carol!
Your news makes me sad though - are you sure you want to go?.....

Jeannette Siciliani said...

Oh Carol, I feel your sadness. My heart goes out to you. As Robin said, you never know ... but, what a blessing all the friends you have made along the way. Hope that lessens the pain a bit. Ya know I LOVE YA!!! Your card is beautiful, like you.

{{HUGS}} & {{XX}}
<3

Maxine Conrad said...

Work your business Carol. Without a job you have the perfect opportunity to go out and make THIS a business. I know Michigan has been hit hard with the economy but there are many successful demonstrators there. Good Luck :)

Stamp Magic said...

I love your card! Good luck, Carol! I hope you get a happy surprise this month, but if not, I hope we have you back on the demo team soon. I know we're all rooting for you!